(Last Updated On: May 8, 2018)
Laptops are compulsory for computer science students. Because they need a laptop every time to develop or coding anything. Not only for developing sometime to understand computer networking or computer architecture or computer components they need laptop essentially.
Here I’m going to share some best laptop for computer science students. In my previous post, I already discussed the best laptop for Electrical engineering student. You can check that out or you can share that with your electrical stream friends.
As usual before starting the list first check out what are the basic configuration we need.
RAM – For computer science student having ram in between 4GB to 12GB is best. Because they have to manipulate some big software (like Matlab) for developing purpose. So always goes with higher ram because it will cut down your code compiling time.
Processor – i5 processor is the minimum. You can go with higher range processor according to your budget.
Hard disk – 1 TB hard disk is enough for any computer science students. Even you can go with 2 TB hard disk or external hard disk. By the way, if you have a large budget then try to gather some SSD (Solid state drive) on your laptop instead of adding 1 TB more in space. SSD will definitely boost up your laptop running and compiling process several percentages.
OS ( Operating system) – Choose any one operating system ( Windows, Linux, Mac OS) according to your preference. Generally, computer science students mostly use Linux. Linux is pretty much suitable for developing purpose and terminal access. Even as a computer science student when you join any company as a developer, there they also give you Linux system to develop anything for them. So having proper knowledge of Linux will definitely help you.
Budget – Unlike electrical student computer science student can’t buy a low-end laptop. Due to heavy usage computer science, students should buy mid-range to high range laptop with better battery backup. A laptop in between $600 – $2000 is best for computer science student.
So here is the list of best laptop for computer science students…
5 Best laptop for computer science students 2018
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7200U Processor (Up to 3.1GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD Widescreen Comfy View LED-backlit Display supporting Acer Color Blast technology
- NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of GDDR5 Video Memory
- 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD,Card Reader:SD Card
- Up to 12-hours Battery Life
Sale Dell Laptop
- 7th generation Intel Core i7-7500u 3.5 GHz Processor
- 8GB lpddr3-1866mhz included; 8GB maximum
- 256GB SSD storage; No Optical Drive included, Refer user manual and user guide below.
- 13.3" QHD+ (3200 x 1800) infinityedge touch Display
- Windows 10 operating system; silver
- 2.9 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.3 GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- 8 GB 1866 MHz LPDDR3 RAM; 512 GB PCIe-based flash storage
- 13.3-inch IPS Retina Display, 2560-by-1600 resolution
- Intel Iris Graphics 6100
- OS X El Capitan, Up to 10 Hours of Battery Life
Sale Surface Pro
- Surface Pro 4 powers through everything you need to do, while being lighter than ever before
- The 12.3" PixelSense screen has extremely high contrast and low glare so you can work through the day without straining your eyes
- Go from tablet to laptop in a snap with the multi-position Kickstand and improved keyboard (Sold seperately)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n compatible, Bluetooth Wireless 4.1 technology
- Processor: Intel Quad Core i7-7700HQ (2.80GHz - 3.80GHz 6MB)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64 bit
- Display: 15.6" FHD IPS 1920x1080 Display; Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro M1200M (4GB Memory)
- Features: 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD PCIe-NVMe; Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader
- RAM and Hard Drive Upgrade* - View Product Description for complete details and notes
All of the above listed laptops are best for computer science students. You can choose any one of them according to price and features.
These software computer science students are often using. As a computer science student, you should try these tools …
- Cisco Packet Trace – An essential to learn the working principle in computer networking.
- Turbo C++ – Tools to write and compile C and C++ language.
- Dreamweaver – Tools to write HTML, CSS, PHP code and many more.
- XAMPP/ WAMPP – Use to create a virtual local server.
- Android Studio – For android app development.
With these, there are enormous numbers of software that computer science students are generally use like – Visual basic, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, myself, notepad++, eclipse and many more.
Conclusion – All of the above-listed laptops are capable to run all computer science related software without any lag. If you know any other laptop which has the potential to be the feature in this list, then don’t forget to mention that laptop in the below comment section.